Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mini Cheesecake

Star Q
iii.  STPM 2013


There was supposed to be a meeting at school this morning at 8 together with a few of my colleagues.  I had already ordered breakfast for us, but it had to be cancelled because our head of panel could not make it back from Sarawak because her flight was delayed.  The meeting was later totally postponed to another date because she could not make it back in time at all.

It was really too bad because, apart from the breakfast that I had ordered (which I later cancelled) I had also thought of treating my colleagues with something sweet.  I had actually baked some mini cheesecakes complete with raspberry filling as the topping plus some fresh raspberries as garnish; their loss I guess.  And since the cheesecake does not keep well, I had a happy time devouring them with my family.

I had actually looked around for a simple cheesecake with only a few ingredients when I chanced upon this one by Paula Dean which I later tweaked (and halved).  It turned out wonderful.  However, my wife did not like it that much because she felt that the cakes were too rich.

  • 1 package (250 g) cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I used caster)
  • 1/2 tsp butter extract (I used almond extract)
  • 1 large egg
  • 6 pairs of Oreos
  • 18 fresh raspberries
  • Some raspberry filling
  • Icing sugar (I omitted)

Preheat the oven to 170 C at least 20 minutes before baking.  First beat the cream cheese until fluffy.  Beat in the sugar and almond extract, followed by the egg.  

Place double layers of cupcake liners into a six-hole muffin tin.  Put a pair of Oreos into each cupcake liner.  Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the cupcake liners almost to the top.  Bake for 20 minutes (25 minutes in my oven)  Cool completely then place in the fridge.  To serve, spoon about 1 tsp of the raspberry filling on top of each cheese followed by three raspberries each.


No comments:

Post a Comment