Sunday, October 4, 2015

Cheesy Mango Floats

Star Q


This is a belated entry because all the mangoes on my two trees have all but gone.  We have made every thinkable recipe using our mangoes, whether ripe or not.  We are quite fortunate this time around because we had an abundance of fruits to share with our friends, neighbours and in-laws.

This Cheesy Mango Float is a very simple recipe adapted from the many I have seen in recipe books.  I have read about people making these floats and have been getting rave reviews from their fans and buyers alike.  As for me, I am just contented to share it with my family and am even happier because my family members actually loved my adapted version.

  • 2 ripe mangoes, cut into small cubes
  • 150 g digestive biscuits (I used Biskut Marie) roughly broken
  • 250 ml double cream
  • 250 gm cream cheese
  • 200 ml condensed milk

Beat the double cream until soft peaks; set aside.  Next, beat the cream cheese until soft and stir in the condensed milk.  Then fold in the whipped cream.  In separate ramekins, spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture as the base and place shards of digestive biscuits followed by a sprinkling of mango cubes.  Top with another layer of cream cheese and repeat the process.  Leave in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment