Sunday, November 8, 2015

Cendawan Portobello Sumbat Daging

Star Q


There's something so alluring about these meaty brown mushrooms that whenever I go to supermarkets and I see that they are available, I will purchase them without fail.  My friends always ask me what I do with this huge cup-shaped mushroom, and I literally them to stuff it!

It is a good thing too because my kids love stuffed mushrooms after the first try; back then I only used panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese as the filling.  This time I decided to be a little bit adventurous and make the dish more substantial by adding meat into the stuffing.

I chose to use beefburger patties instead of the plain ground meat, because I felt that the patties with some seasonings already inside, would provide extra oomph to the taste of the stuffing.  I also decided to cook the beefburgers first prior to using them as the stuffing to ensure that the meat is thoroughly cooked.

  • 4 pieces beef burgers*
  • 1 large onion, diced*
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced*
  • 1/2 cup  grated Cheddar & Mozzarella* 
  • 1 tbs vegetable oil*
  • Salt & pepper to taste*
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 3 tbs butter
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan

In a pan, heat the oil, saute the onion and garlic, then add the beef burgers.  Crumble the burgers into small pieces and cook until well done.  Season with salt and pepper, then leave aside to cool completely.  Once cooled, mix with the two cheeses and set aside while preparing the mushrooms.
Meanwhile preheat the oven to 170 C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.  Prepare the mushrooms by removing the stems, chopping them finely and mixing them into the burger mixture.  Stuff the mushroom caps with this burger mixture.  Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, butter and grated Parmesan, then use this to top the stuffed mushroom caps.  Press it slightly, so it adheres to the stuffing.  Place onto the baking tray and bake until the panko turns golden brown.  Serve hot.  




No comments:

Post a Comment