Thursday, November 19, 2015

Lunchbox - Potatoes and Olives Salad

Star Q


I love one-pot anything that makes life easier when it comes to cooking and eating.  This is especially so with lunchboxes where you only have to bring one container and you have all your dietary needs in one dish.  Contrary to the local lunchboxes where you would have one part rice, one part protein and one part vegetables and three parts of cumbersome containers to carry to work!

That is why I also love bringing potato salad to work; it's convenient, keeps well in the office fridge and most of all, filling.  The only drawback to bringing my own lunchbox to work is I don't get to mingle with my friends outside office hours when they go out for lunch.  Not a bad thing really because then I will be left alone in the comfort of my office's cafeteria with less people to share my lunchbox with!

And best of all I am able to prepare my potato salad well in advance; the night before I go to work.  This time with a little added ingredient, olives!

  • 1 kg new potatoes, scrubbed, boiled, peeled and cubed
  • 1/2 a chicken breast, poached and cubed
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 spring onions, sliced
  • 15 pimento-stuffed green olives
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp cried chili flakes
  • 1 tbs date vinegar
  • 1 tbs honey
  • 1 tsp mustard
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Soak the olives in some warm water to get rid of the salty taste from the brine.  Discard the soaking water and pat dry the olives with some kitchen paper.  In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.  I got one portion for my lunchbox and some leftover for me to keep my moth busy when I watch the telly.




No comments:

Post a Comment