Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Cherry and Strawberry Mini Cheesecake

Star Q


We are into the third week of Ramadhan or the fifteenth day, to be exact.  I should give myself a pat on the back for refraining from making any entries about the dishes I have been preparing for the past fourteen days of Ramadhan.

However, I consider this entry about the dishes of Ramadhan to be pleasantly late and that I am writing this only after a request for it made by my sister.  You see, we've been posting pictures of dishes we've been preparing for Iftaar and this dessert that I prepared caught her eyes.

Actually I was to embarrassed to share this recipe because of its sheer simplicity or in my term 'resipi campak-campak' (simply throwing the ingredients!)  But as with most simple things, this one turned out okay; not marvellous as one of my office mate would say, but just okay.  And I am okay with okay!  My recipe makes three servings.

  • 150 g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
  • 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup condensed milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 6 biscuits, crushed 
  • 3 tbs strawberry jam
  • 12 Maraschino cherries

In a bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks, then keep in the fridge.  Next, in another bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth.  Then whisk in the condensed milk.  Fold in the cream and the vanilla essence.  To assemble, place 1 tsp of the crushed biscuits onto the base of a serving glass.  Scoop in the cream cheese mixture until slightly less than half full.  Spoon in another teaspoon of the crushed biscuits and half a teaspoon of strawberry jam.  Spoon in another layer of cream cheese mixture until almost full.  Place half a teaspoon of strawberry jam.  Arrange six cherry halves and garnish with one cherry.  Repeat process with the other two serving glasses.




No comments:

Post a Comment