Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Guacamole Pun Boleh

Star Q


Well, I knew it was too good to be true.  I didn't expect the vegetarian meal endeavour would actually last one week.  In fact I was quite surprised the quest to go vegetarian actually last a whole four days, which to me seems like quite an achievement for someone who has never gone vegetarian before.

I knew congratulations were in order and it came as no surprise when I was later asked to prepare, yet again, one of this person's favourite food, that is guacamole.  It was indeed lucky for me because I did not really have to cook and that I already had two ripe avocados waiting silently in the fridge.

My initial concern was that the guacamole would not help to ease the hunger pangs, but I couldn't be more wrong.  It was sufficient enough and I even managed to salvage one small bowl of the guacamole to take the above photo.  Suffice to say that, once the guacamole was photographed, it turned into somebody's snack.

  • 3 ripe avocados, mashed
  • 1 red chilli, chopped
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 1 tbs chopped cilantro stems
  • 1 smal clove garlic, chopped
  • 5 cherry tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 tbs lemon juice

In a bowl, just thoroughly mix all the ingredients above.  Serve with some store-bought nachos.



No comments:

Post a Comment