Saturday, July 2, 2016

Nasi Impit Goreng

Star Q


The other day my wife made some lontong for break fast especially for me because I have been wanting to have some home-made lontong for quite a long time.  She has always procrastinated making it because our children do not like lontong.  So, I always lose when it comes to what to prepare for meals.

And even when I do get my serving of lontong, there is always something else papred for the children, namely soto which goes with the nasi impit (rice cakes)  No, I don't feel envious that when my kids don't like what I eat, mommy prepares something else for them.  But I don't fancy what the kids like, I just keep quite.  I just don't want my wife to do that extra cooking just for me!

Anyway, it just so happens that when we make Lontong or Soto, we always make extra nasi impit because then I know my wife will cook (one of) my favourite dish, Nasi Impit Goreng, using the extra nasi impit.  And I like mine with lots of vegetable so much so that the one we made this time around totally hid the cubes of nasi impit! 

  • 3 cups cubed rice cakes
  • 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
  • 2 cups bean sprouts
  • 10 garlic chives, cut into 1 inch lengths
  • 10 pieces dried chilies, soaked in hot water, till softened
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 5 shallots
  • 10 pieces fish balls
  • 2 tbs oyster sauce
  • 2 tsp chicken stock granules
  • 3 tbs vegetable oil

Blend the soaked dried chilies, garlic and shallots until a smooth paste.  Heat the vegetable oil in a wok and saute the blended ingredients.  Add the oyster sauce and chicken stock granules.  Stir in the fish balls followed by the rice cakes.  Once the rice cubes have been evenly coated with the chili mixture, stir in the shredded chicken, bean sprouts and garlic chives.  Fry for a minute or two, making sure that the bean sprouts don't become too overcooked.  Serve hot garnished with sliced spring onions and parsley, and shallot crisps.


No comments:

Post a Comment