Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Sliced Peach Cake

Star Q


I was going to visit a few teachers whom I have been coaching for a whole year now, and I really needed to bring something for them.  They have been receptive of my presence and all the ideas and suggestions I have been giving them.  In fact, that was the main reason why I needed to bring something.

Since it was a Sunday, and the weather wasn't too hot, I felt the Sunday baker in me, yearning to bake something.  As usual, my mood to bake is uplifted even more when all the ingredients required were all on hand; which meant I didn't need to go to the shop and buy them.

There was a can of peaches and some ground almond, which were the main ingredients, in the pantry.  Everything else I keep on hand either for my own simple baking or for my wife to use.  And so I decided to bake this Peach Cake, slice it and give it to the teachers.

  • 6 oz AP flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 6 oz unsalted butter
  • 6 oz soft brown sugar
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 1/2 oz ground almonds
  • 1 can peaches, sliced

Preheat oven to 160 C.  Grease and line an 8 x 8 inch cake tin.  Sift the flour abd baking powder into a large bowl and add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence.  Beat well until the mixture is smooth, then stir in the ground almonds.  Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the surface.  Arrange the peach slices over the mixture.  Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until risen and golden brown.  Let cool, cut into squares and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment